JetBlue Airlines accept one small dog, cat, or other pet as a carry-on to travel on domestic and international flights. It is essential to know the airlines various pet policies also known as the Jetblue Esa Policy, to grasp the demands and prepare your dogs, parrot, bird, cats, or any other pet for a safe and enjoyable flight. One of the most important things to remember is that the pet must be in an FAA-approved pet carrier. Furthermore, get answers to all of your questions about the rules, regulations, kennel bag size and coverage, and other information for traveling with a pet on JetBlue airlines as per Jetblue Airlines Pet Policy 2022.
Jetblue Airlines Pet allowance
According to Jetblue’s dog and cat policy pet allowance on the cabin is determined by the weight, height, and size of the animal pet you desire to travel with. Furthermore, the airline only transports six animals on a single voyage. Let us go, through jet blue dog and cat policy requirements in detail.
Jetblue Pet policy in Cabin
- Small dogs and cats are permitted in the cottage.
- Jet Blue does not allow pet remains, whether cremated or not, in the cabin.
- Your pet carrier must be larger than 17″ L x 12.5″ W x 8.5″ H. (43.18 cm L x 31.75 cm W x 21.59 cm H)
- The combined weight of the pet and the transport carrier should not exceed 20 pounds.
- Each traveler is permitted to bring one pet as per the Jetblue pet policy in cabin.
Jetblue Service Animal in Cabin
- JetBlue only accepts trained service dogs; pets who are already in training service will not be accepted.
- All service animals’ conduct will be examined at the airport.
- You have to submit all the required documents before the departure.
- Pets will not be permitted to sit on the seat.
Pet in Cargo
According to JetBlue pet policy in cargo, JetBlue does not allow dogs or other pets to travel in the cargo hold owing to a lack of oxygen and pressurized air on their aircraft. on the other hand, Jetblue’s policy does not permit Large Dogs or any other animal can travel with the airlines.
Jetblue Airlines Animal Restrictions
Animals that cannot fit beneath the seats will not be permitted to fly with the airlines. Passengers flying with pets are not permitted to occupy Emergency exit row seats, Bulkhead seats, or Mint seats. Furthermore, no animals will be allowed to travel in the cargo.
How to Book a Pet in Jetblue
According to Jetblue Airlines Pets Policy, booking and flying with Jetpaws has been made easier for the customers by increasing the number of pets that can travel from four to six. You may also arrange a flight for your lovely pet by different methods.
When booking a flight for yourself via the JetBlue app, you can easily add your pet under the “Extras section” while checking out.
It might be difficult to navigate through hundreds of pages to book a single flight. So, for your convenience, the airline has launched a calling service, with customer support representatives accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To arrange a flight with your beloved pet, dial “+1-888-526-4112”
At the airport
Passengers have to check in their pet at the airport service counter and the pet should be closed inside its carrier at the airport.
Your pet carrier will need to pass by an X-ray machine at the security checkpoint.
After that, your pet will go for a physical TSA screening.
Jetblue Pet Carrier Requirement
Considering JetBlue only allows pets to travel in cabins, Jetblue Approved dimensions of the kennel/ Pet Carrier are 43.18 cm L x 31.75 cm W x 21.59 cm H (17″ L x 12.5″ W x 8.5″ H), and the combined weight of the box and the pet should not exceed 20 pounds (9.07185 KG)
Emotional Support Animals
If you are traveling with an emotional support animal on JetBlue, you may be exempt from specific regulations.
You can reserve your service or emotional support dog by adding a Special Service Request (SSR) when booking your ticket online or over the phone. This service is no longer free of charge. However, they may fly for a fee if they meet all the requirements of the jet blue airlines pet travel policy.
To fly with an emotional support animal, you’ll need to provide the correct documentation no later than 48 hours of travel. This information includes a health certificate from your vet.
How to avoid JetBlue pet fees?
You can avoid pet fees for Jetblue is to use the right travel rewards credit card as these pet fee expenses you incur during your travels are usually coded as travel, your points can be used to offset airline pet fees.
There are other cards like the Chase Sapphire Reserve which has a $300 travel credit that can be used on any kind of travel purchase, including pet fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does JetBlue charge for a pet?
Jetblue Pet fee is $125 (one hundred twenty-five US dollars) each trip, and if you want to fly with two pets, you must purchase two airline seats, each of which can accommodate two pets.
2. Can you fly with a pet in Jetblue?
Yes, you may fly with your pet in the cabin, whether it’s a dog, cat, or any other animal as long as it fits beneath your seat. Call “+1-888-526-4112” to book a flight with your pet.
3. What are Jetblue Airlines Pet popular destinations?
Arizona, Maryland, British Columbia, Aruba, Mexico, Peru, and London are some of the top destinations to fly with your pet.
4. Which Pet form and documents are needed to travel with Jetblue Airlines?
- If you are traveling with Jet Blue, you must present a rabies vaccination certificate that includes the animal’s characteristics.
- A licensed veterinarian must sign the pet health certificate.
- A Pet vaccination certificate must be obtained at least 30 days before arrival. Furthermore, the vaccination expiry date should be included in the certification.
5. What are Jetblue pet age requirements?
Pet flying internationally: JetBlue requires puppies and kittens to be at least 8 weeks old. They must also be of sufficient age to meet the destination’s import criteria if traveling internationally.
Pet flying domestically: To fly domestically, puppies and kittens must be at least 8 weeks old.
6. What is the Jetblue pet customer care service number?
You may simply arrange your journey with your pet by calling airlines at “+1-888-526-4112” and booking your ticket without going through the stress and confusion.
7. How strict is JetBlue with pet carriers?
Your pet carrier considers 1 personal item and must fit under the seat in front of you on the plane. Your pet carrier dimensions should be 17″ L x 12.5″ W x 8.5″ H (43.18 cm L x 31.75 cm W x 21.59 cm H) and the combined weight of your pet and the carrier must not be more than 20 pounds.