There is a number of services available for the passengers to provide all the comfort. The Airline industry provides a lot of services. And, one of their services is “Emirates Unaccompanied Minor policy”. Emirates Unaccompanied Minors service for children traveling alone will make sure that your child will enjoy the journey from start to finish with Emirates kind employees.
Emirates Minor Traveling Alone
The following are the features regarding Emirates Airlines Umnr policy:
- Minor should be aged 5-15 years old.
- Emirates Unaccompanied Minors service is only applicable to emirates worked for flights.
- When the unaccompanied minor is connected to another Air line, the maximum time period permitted for connection is 4 hours.
- If the minor is transferring to another Emirates flight at Dubai international then the maximum time allowed is 8 hours.
- Minor cannot stay overnight at the airport all alone unless children’s guardian is arranged to meet and care for them.
- The legal guardian guarding the unaccompanied minor at departure, or receiving the child at the destination airport will be required to provide proof of identification.
- The unaccompanied minor paid service for children aged 12 to 15 years will be per passenger and will be non-transferable. It will also be a concern to refund with terms and conditions.
- A minor’s passport will be kept by Emirates airlines during the period of service.
Emirates Age To Fly Alone
For children aged between 5 to 11 years who are flying alone Emirates Unaccompanied Minors service is applicable them.
Children aged between 5 to 11 years old who are flying in a different cabin class to their guardians.
They consider accompanied if they are traveling in the same cabin class with a passenger over 16 years old.
A child cannot fly solo if he is under 12 years old.
How To Book Unaccompanied Minor Flight with Emirates?
The parent can contact Emirates Airlines over the phone by calling +1-888-526-4112. So that, the unaccompanied minor service can be done up to 12 hours before the departure of the flight.
You can reserve an Emirates ticket for your child through the airline’s LiveChat option by taking the advantage of emirates’ unaccompanied minor service.
- Visit the Emirates airlines official portal.
- The live chat dialog box will pop up in the lower right corner of your desktop.
- Select the ‘Start chat’ and Book the Unaccompanied Minors service and the legal guardian can ask for more details.
or by visiting the local Emirates reservations office.
Emirates unaccompanied minor lounge
Emirates minors traveling alone as unaccompanied children can relax and wait for their flight in an Emirates lounge dedicated for them at Dubai International Airport, located next to Emirates’ First Class Lounge.
The Emirates lounge offers various facilities like fun video games, food and beverages, comfortable seating, and washrooms designed for kids and the lounge is open 24/7 for children’s assistance.
Parents who have pre-booked Emirates Unaccompanied Minor service can drop off their child at Dubai Airport, where Emirates airport team members will check them in for their flights in a special lounge area for unaccompanied minors.
This facility is located in between the Economy and First/Business Class Check-in halls.
Emirates Unaccompanied Minor Charges
An unaccompanied minor aged between 12-15 years can fly on a full adult fare other than that, the child will be charged a service fee of USD 50 per unaccompanied minor for each leg of the itinerary.
Benefits of Emirates Unaccompanied Minor Flight Booking
- Emirates airline’s staff member helps the minor at the time of security and immigration till the guardian handovers the minor to the cabin crew at the airplane door.
- Family and minors get priority boarding on the flight.
- The cabin crew makes sure that the child sits comfortably in the airplane and gives proper care to minors. If a child needs any special diet plan then the guardian should tell the Emirates prior so that they take care of it.
- A specialist member of Emirates Airlines will Support the unaccompanied minor upon arrival.
- If you are dropping off your child flight attendant at Dubai International, you can transfer them directly to the Lounge for Minors Unaccompanied. Kids can relax with snacks and drinks while waiting for the flight at the lounge.
The unaccompanied Baggage Emirates
Because your child is flying on the adult’s fare, it is the standard Emirates baggage policy that your children are allowed to carry:
Carry-on Baggage Allowance
Traveling in economy class carry-on baggage allowance will be 1 bag.
Business and first-class allowance will be 1 handbag plus 1 briefcase subject to weight and size limitations and for infants 1 carrycot into the cabin.
Checked Baggage Allowance
Traveling in the economy class you can check in 1 bag and 2 bags in all other classes subject to the weight and size limitations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Emirates allow unaccompanied minors?
Yes, Emirates airlines allow minors aged 5 to 15 years old to fly alone on the plane with the consent of their guardian and they have to fill out the Emirate’s unaccompanied minor form. Children cannot fly solo if he is under 12 years old.
Do Emirates require unaccompanied minor procedures?
You have to fill Emirates unaccompanied minor form on the day of departure.
This form must remain with your child during their journey. At check-in, parents will need to provide a birth certificate or passport as proof of the child’s age.
You have to make a special request for our Unaccompanied Minors service for solo travelers aged between 12 and 15 if you would like an Emirates staff to be with them on their itinerary.
Can I book a flight ticket for the child alone?
Yes, you can reserve an Emirates flight ticket for your child by contacting Emirates unaccompanied minor contact number +1-888-526-4112.
How safe are unaccompanied minors in the Emirates?
For children traveling alone, Emirates gives separate check-in facilities on departure, with staff allocated to accompany the minor.