Alaska Airlines will provide service to dogs and cats on their flights as per their regulations. Passengers can bring their pets in the cabin or in the cargo hold of the aircraft as checked baggage. By reading the article, you will get all the information regarding Alaska Airlines pet policy also known as the Alaska airlines ESA policy.
Alaska Pet Policy
Following are the Alaska airlines pet rules which passengers have to follow while flying with their pet:
- As per Alaska pet policy, only one pet passenger can carry to travel to and from Hawaii.
- Cats and dogs must be 8 weeks old and weaned for domestic or international travel.
- Alaska airlines only accept small dogs, cats, and birds.
- They only allow 1 pet in first class and 5 in the main cabin, who reserve early will bring the pet.
- Moreover, Service dogs can fly free of charge in the cabin with their owners.
- According to Alaska Airlines pet policy, emotional support animals will not accept free of cost.
Alaska Airlines Flying Pets Cargo
- No animals will be permitted on flights to or from Mexico.
- Dogs and cats must be at least 8 weeks of age.
- Pets such as cats, dogs hamsters, household birds, and rabbits are accepted. If any other pets want to travel it needs prior approval from Alaska Airlines.
- Alaska Airlines’ pet health certificate is issued within 10 days of travel and also presents proof of vaccinations.
- Pet passport for the country your pet is traveling to international travel only required.
- According to Alaska airlines’ pet cargo temperature, pets will not be accepted when temperatures are above 85°F or below 45°F in any city on the itinerary.
- You will check your pet in at Alaska Airlines’ cargo facility, not more than 4 hours prior to departure.
Alaska Airlines in-cabin Pet policy
- Pets must be at least 8 weeks old to travel in the cabin.
- Alaska Airlines allows small dogs and cats in the cabin into Mexico and Hawaii except for birds.
- The maximum number of pet carriers accepted are:
- Each passenger can fly with up to 2 pet carriers in the main cabin.
- Alaska Airlines does not need a health certificate for pets traveling in the cabin but for international locations, it is required.
How do I add a pet to my Alaska Airlines flight?
Booking your pet with Alaska airlines is not possible with online booking. Meanwhile, You can make a call to Alaska Airlines Customer Care Phone Number +1-888-526-4112 to book your pet.
You will get connected to an Alaska Airlines executive and Make a request to add your pet and provide all the pet requirements to them such as pet age, weight, size, breed name, etc. to travel on Alaska Airlines.
Since pet booking is entirely dependent on airline availability and a certain number of pets can fly on a single trip.
Further, You will get all the details and get notified of your booking if possible.
Then, you have to make a payment for Alaska Pet Fee and get your booking done.
Alaska Airlines Pet Carrier Size
|Type||Carrier size||Crate dimensions|
|Soft-sided||50||17’’ x 11’’ x 9.5’’|
|Hard-sided||50||17’’ x 11’’ x 7.5’’|
Alaska Airlines Pet approved Pets(dog, cat) kennel that is small enough to be fitted under a seat but the pet should stay comfortably in the kennel.
|Alaska Airlines flights||53 L x 48 W x 34 H|
|Horizon Air||40 L x 27 W x 30 H|
Alaska Airlines Pet Policy Weight Limit
As per Alaska Airlines dog policy, the total weight of the pets and carrier must not exceed 20 pounds (9kg). A dog with 40 lb. or more weight requires a large space to sit and turn around Therefore Alaska Airlines permit them to travel in cargo. Apart from small pets, trained dogs or service animals are allowed to travel in cabins along with the owner with proper documentation.
Alaska Airlines Pet Fees
|Pet in cabin |
Pet in cargo/ baggage
|$100 each way|
|For flights departing from Canada||$105|
Alaska Airlines Service Dog Policy
Under Alaska Airlines’ animal policy, Airlines will allow service dogs and psychiatric service dogs to board flights in the cabin with their owners, free of charge. Moreover, each passenger is allowed to have up to two service dogs with them.
Furthermore, To fly with a service dog, you must submit the new service animal air transportation form to Alaska in advance of your flight. Although, the new form is now universally required by U.S Airlines for passengers who wish to fly with their service dogs. The form requires the owner to make attestations regarding their dog’s training and vaccination status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a health certificate to fly my dog to Alaska?
They don’t need an Alaska Air lines pet health certificate for dogs traveling in the cabin except for international locations.
How strict is Alaska Airlines’ pet policy?
Alaska Air pet policy provides strict guidelines for pet check-ins. This requires the guardian to check in their pets no earlier than 2 hours, and no earlier than 1 hour prior to the flight. You’ll take your pet to the counter at which you have to pay for the pet’s $100 fee.
Can pets travel in first class on Alaska Airlines?
Yes, dogs are allowed to fly in first class. Although they must remain inside the kennel at all times and the kennel must be positioned beneath the seat
What are the Alaska Airlines pet kennel requirements?
The following are the main Alaska Airlines pet requirements that should be kept in mind:
- The kennel should be leakproof and adequately ventilated.
- It should be made up of metal, plastic, or wood.
- A carrier should be closed securely.
- It should have handles on the exterior to lift without tipping.
Can large dogs travel on Alaska Airlines?
Yes, large dogs can fly on an Airline or be shipped via cargo. Furthermore, pet transportation fees will be the same as in-cabin animal fees, which are $100.
Which Pet dogs are banned in Alaska Airlines?
Alaska Airlines have breed restrictions on Brachycephalic or “snub-nosed” dog on board or in the air cargo hold.
What is the Alaska Airlines’ pet policy phone number?
Booking a ticket with Alaska airlines flying with your pet depends on the availability in first class, in the main cabin, or cargo on Alaska Airlines. But, you have to make a call at +1-888-526-4112 to book a trip for your pet.