Want to know about Alaska Airlines unaccompanied minor policy? Alaska Airlines started the best policies for unaccompanied minors known as the Alaska airlines UMNR policy. Moreover, Alaska Airlines is considered to be the best option for minors to fly alone. When a child is traveling alone Alaska provides special child care assistance to them. Children traveling alone service is available on both domestic as well as international flights.
How to book an Alaska airline unaccompanied minor flights?
- Visit the official portal of Alaska airlines.
- Click on the main head ‘Book’ sub-head ‘Flights’ fill all the details.
- Click on the ‘find flights.
- You will be asked whether your child is flying alone.
- The next screen is opened, and you can go through the Alaska airlines minor travel rules, fees, and checklist for unaccompanied minors. Now you have to fill the age of the children.
- After the booking of the seat, you have to fill out the ‘Alaska airlines unaccompanied minor guardian contact form online. To complete the process you need the names and contact numbers of those who will pick up and drop off the child.
- To speed up the procedure make sure you bring the printout of the Alaska air unaccompanied minor form along with you to the airport.
If you require any service for minors flying alone, you can make a call on Alaska airlines’ phone number at +1888-526-4112 to speak with an executive.
Alaska Airlines Dropping off Unaccompanied Minor
Documents required while dropping your minor at the airport:
1. Proof of age (Birth certificate or Passport)
2. Alaska Airlines guardian contact and unaccompanied minor form (Could be filled at the airport or at home to save time)
- You should be at the airport at least 90 minutes before the flight’s departure time.
- Inform the ticket counter agent that the child is traveling as an unaccompanied minor (Junior Jetsetter).
- If you haven’t already, fill out the “Alaska airlines unaccompanied minor guardian contact form” and pay the Alaska Airlines unaccompanied minor service fee.
- The ticket agent will provide you with an escort card to drop off the unaccompanied minor at the gate.
- A lanyard and wristband will also be provided to minors to wear while in the care of Alaska Airlines.
Alaska Airlines Picking Up Unaccompanied Minors
A valid photo I.D.
- The minor should be picked up by the guardian mentioned in the “Alaska Airlines unaccompanied minor form”.
- He must provide appropriate identification to receive an escort pass and meet the children at the gate.
- A representative from Alaska Airlines will accompany the Unaccompanied Minor from the terminal and meet the person picking up the minor outside the security checkpoint.
Alaska Airlines Age To Fly Alone
If a Teenager is Flying Alone then Alaska airlines unaccompanied minor age restrictions are as follows:
- Children must be over the age of 5th birthday in order to Alaska Air Minor Policy.
- When your kid’s age range is between 5-12 years old, then junior jetsetter minor unaccompanied service is mandatory.
- If your child’s age falls between 13-17 years old, then junior jetsetter minor service without accompanying is completely optional as per the preferences of the guardian.
- If a young adult aged between 13-17 years old and the child is using an unaccompanied minor’s service, and is on a connection flight on another airline, in this case, the rules for fees apply to both airlines.
If a minor is a resident of Mexico and is flying on their own without their parents, then they are required to show signed Alaska airlines minor consent forms by their respective parents.
The documents must be provided at the time of departure from Mexico like the original child’s birth certificate and 3 copies of the consent letter and two copies of the birth certificate.
Alaska Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Fee and Restrictions
For minors who are not accompanied and aged between 5 and 7 years old.
- Guardian contact and gate escorts are mandatory.
- Only allowed on flights with non-stop departures that depart between 5 am and 9 pm.
- They will charge you $ 30 for one-way.
Minors without a parent whose age is between 8 and 17 years old
- Gate escorts and guardian contact are required.
- Only allowed on direct flights that are non-stop departing between 9 pm and 5 am.
- They charge $50 for one-way travel, however on connecting flights, they charge $75 for each trip.
Alaska airline’s unaccompanied minor’s service fees will be waived for children with MVP, MVP Gold, or Gold 75K Mileage Plan status.
Frequently asked questions
Do minor needs id to fly with Alaska airline?
Children under the age of 18 don’t need a photo ID when they are traveling domestically with Alaska airlines.
What is Alaska airlines’ minor name correction policy?
Alaska Airlines allows passengers to change their name in any situation you have to just make one phone call on Alaska airlines customer care to intimate the error in your name on the flight ticket.
Alaska permits a 1-time minor name change free of cost if the name correction is of 3 letters only in the passenger name.
What is the minimum age for minors to fly with Alaska Airlines?
Alaska airlines minimum age to fly alone is not less than 5 years of age. Between age groups from 5 to 12 years are allowed to travel unaccompanied, but they must have to take the service of ‘Junior Jetsetters’ of Alaska Airlines. A minor who is between 13 and 17 years old has an option to take the service.
Can unaccompanied minors fly with pets on Alaska airlines?
No, passengers must be at least 18 years old to fly with a pet in the Alaska airlines cabin.
What is the Alaska airline booking phone number for an unaccompanied minor?
You can make a call on Alaska airlines’ phone number at +1888-526-4112 to speak with an executive for the reservation of minor traveling alone.
Can I buy an Alaska Airlines Minor ticket with miles?
Yes, you can save yourself airfare by booking the ticket for your minor with miles. However, you do need to pay the extra fee for unaccompanied minor service.